07 April 2006

SSS

Second sock syndrome.....
I thought I was immuned. I had heard of it. Wasn't sure if I believed the hype. I cast on the 2nd sock immediatly. Only took 2 tries. I usually need to cast on a project 3-4 times until I get it right. Knit the cuff, leg , heel, no problems.
Then whamo, SSS, picked up stitches for the instep, miscounted somewhere, a total mess. My inexperienced self tried to fix it but ended up ripping back to the heel flap. Reknitting the heel became problematic, twice. Or was it thrice?
So..lesson learned. SSS is not just about casting on the pair. But the false sense of security. Feeling clever from completing the 1st sock does not guarantee 2nd sock success.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

what cast on do you use?
SSS does exist
just like people who steek

12:54 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

Just hang in there. : )

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home